Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Radius auth for UNFI controller

jthombs1016
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Has anybody got Unfi controller authenticating through radius with Cisco ISE.

I cant seem to find any documentation on the subject.

Thanks 

JohnRadius, Device Admin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @jthombs1016 

Do you mean Unifi Controller from Ubiquity?

What are you hoping to achieve ? 802.1X or device admin?

If you point the controller at ISE and let the controller construct a RADIUS payload, you can do a tcpdump on ISE to see what attributes it uses - and then build your ISE Policy Set based on that.

At a minimum, the Unifi Controller should accept an Access-Accept back - obviously. But if you want to do anything more fancy than that, then you'll need to experiment. I think VLAN assignment might be pretty standard. But if you want to assign ACLs or anything more vendor specific, then you'll have to contact the vendor (if there is nothing via web search).

I just did a quick Google search and found this.

regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @jthombs1016 

Do you mean Unifi Controller from Ubiquity?

What are you hoping to achieve ? 802.1X or device admin?

If you point the controller at ISE and let the controller construct a RADIUS payload, you can do a tcpdump on ISE to see what attributes it uses - and then build your ISE Policy Set based on that.

At a minimum, the Unifi Controller should accept an Access-Accept back - obviously. But if you want to do anything more fancy than that, then you'll need to experiment. I think VLAN assignment might be pretty standard. But if you want to assign ACLs or anything more vendor specific, then you'll have to contact the vendor (if there is nothing via web search).

I just did a quick Google search and found this.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: