Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE SNS-3715-K9

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

General question to those at Cisco or someone who knows,

With the SNS-3715-K9, I have seen other posts stating that it is possible to add secondary PSU which is great, what about the second disk HDD or SSD configured in RAID 0.
Is it possible for me to order the additional HDD or SSD and reconfigure storage controller to RAID 1.

Cost difference between SNS-3715-K9 and next one up SNS-3755-K9 is too significant and we do not require such compute and storage uplift with what the next model provides. All I am after is redundancy so that I do not have to do rebuild if one SSD was to fail.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The following is stated clearly in the Install Guide. If you need redundant disks, you should purchase a platform that has them. Deviation from this will likely cause complications with entitlement and support.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.23.17 am.png

View solution in original post

So it does look like artificial requirement/compatibility thing for me.

Most the Limitation already mentioned in the document, if the cisco tested, why not they offer service for you, and it also revenue for them to buying new hardware, so need to consider limitation.

or you can add  cisco wish list.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the installation guide :

Only certain RAID configuration allowed based on the models :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/sns3700hig/sns_3700_hardware_install_guide.pdf

BB

Thanks Balaji,

Might be a question to TAC, if I was to buy two SSD drives and managed to configure it in RAID 1, will it be supported if I was to raise software or hardware issues. Doing setup as I explained, would provide redundancy and some level of fault tolerance if one SSD was to fail there would not be a need to spending x Hours doing rebuild.

The following is stated clearly in the Install Guide. If you need redundant disks, you should purchase a platform that has them. Deviation from this will likely cause complications with entitlement and support.

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 8.23.17 am.png

Most the Limitation already mentioned in the document, if the cisco tested, why not they offer service for you, and it also revenue for them to buying new hardware, so need to consider limitation.

or you can add  cisco wish list.

BB

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks All,

Appreciate the input on this, if it is carved in stone, then I for sure not going to implement something not supported.

Will for sure make this as Cisco wish.