This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.
Trying to upgrade ISE 1.4 stand alone mode to 2.0 upgrade, seems hitting bug https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCux72726
but as stated in bug condition in our environment we are not using external (AD) password for admin user
Does anyone know how to recover from this?
ISE/admin# application upgrade proceed
Initiating Application Upgrade...
% Warning: Do not use Ctrl-C or close this terminal window until upgrade completes.
STEP 1: Stopping ISE application...
STEP 2: Verifying files in bundle...
-Internal hash verification passed for bundle
STEP 3: Validating data before upgrade...
STEP 4: Taking backup of the configuration data...
STEP 5: Running ISE configuration database schema upgrade...
- Running db sanity check to fix index corruption, if any...
- Upgrading Schema for UPS Model...
- Upgrading Schema completed for UPS Model.
ISE database schema upgrade completed.
STEP 6: Running ISE configuration data upgrade...
- Data upgrade step 1/51, RBACUpgradeService(188.8.131.52)... ..Done in 124 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 2/51, UPSUpgradeHandler(184.108.40.206)... Done in 6 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 3/51, UPSUpgradeHandler(220.127.116.11)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 4/51, ANCRegistration(18.104.22.168)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 5/51, NSFUpgradeService(22.214.171.124)... Done in 12 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 6/51, UPSUpgradeHandler(126.96.36.199)... Done in 6 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 7/51, NetworkAccessUpgrade(188.8.131.52)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 8/51, UPSUpgradeHandler(184.108.40.206)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 9/51, NetworkAccessUpgrade(220.127.116.11)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 10/51, NetworkAccessUpgrade(18.104.22.168)... Done in 2 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 11/51, NSFUpgradeService(22.214.171.124)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 12/51, NetworkAccessUpgrade(126.96.36.199)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 13/51, NetworkAccessUpgrade(188.8.131.52)... Done in 4 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 14/51, UPSUpgradeHandler(184.108.40.206)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 15/51, NSFUpgradeService(220.127.116.11)... Done in 0 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 16/51, UPSUpgradeHandler(18.104.22.168)... Done in 1 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 17/51, RBACUpgradeService(22.214.171.124)... ....Done in 289 seconds.
- Data upgrade step 18/51, NSFUpgradeService(126.96.36.199)... Failed.
% Error: ISE Global data upgrade failed!
Attempting to rollback: Rolling back the configuration database...
Starting application after rollback...
./isedbupgrade-newmodel.sh: illegal option -- 1
Invalid option: -
Rollback completed: The node has been reverted back to its pre-upgrade state.
% Application install or upgrade cancelled.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is not helpful at all! I am having the same issue, and I am not using external AD, I broke the conneciton to AD before the upgrade, To simplt say "raise a TAC" does not help the community.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?