We are currently using Cisco ISE v2.7 p3. We are considering upgrading to v2.7 p5. Before we proceed, we are trying to evaluate all the prospects of the v2.7 p5. We request to let us know all your experiences with v2.7 p5, which will help us to proceed.
what is the reason of the upgrade? do you see any issue with the exiting version ?
every environment is different (Cisco do have some bugs, which may affect your environment, compare to other deployments)
so take a wise decision by reading the release notes below and understanding the caveats.
Is this VM or Physical, if the VM you have the option of snapshot old VM and keep a copy or build a new VM with the new version and Migrate, so you still preserve old copy.
The tests are based on the feature you use, so your Test plan needs to be created what you looking to test, arrange for users to test also.
I will take you have contract with cisco in case any issue to open a TAC case.
Thanks for the reply.
We are facing several bugs in our current version and TAC suggested for the patch upgrade. We will surely make our decision by reading the release notes and understanding the caveats.
- This is a very important bug in ise 2.7 p5 : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwa00729 advising to skip and or go directly to p6.
>Did p6 is also fix the log4j vulnerability as well ?
No it won't you still have to add the fix for that.