Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE USB Mass Storage Block

Hello,

Our customer wants to block connecting USB devices to their laptops using ISE. I know that there is a usb condition that we can use in posture policy. If I use that option, suppose a laptop connects to network without a USB mass storage device then the machine will be compliant will get access. Now the user connects a USB to the machine in the compliant state, what will be the action?. Will anyconnect re-run the posture and block the USB or the USB will be allowed?.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Now the user connects a USB to the machine in the compliant state, what will be the action?.

-I have not specifically tested this scenario, but I would strongly suggest doing so prior to mass deployment.  My guess (based on how the module works; explained below) would be that the device would still remain compliant after passing the check.

Will anyconnect re-run the posture and block the USB or the USB will be allowed?.

-The ISE Posture module will reach out which will re-trigger posturing after a DFG change, or manual interaction via 'Scan Again' button.  See here to understand how probing works: AnyConnect ISE posture module discovery host and call home list – Cisco ISE Tips, Tricks, and Lessons Learned (ise-support.com)

HTH! 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We use MS AD to enforce this.