cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAC Agent and Windows 8 still not working

bachmacintosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I recently upgraded the Cisco NAC Agent to the latest version (4.9.1.13) on a Windows 8 VM. The release notes state that Windows 8 support has been added, and that a patch must be downloaded. However, the information about the patch is vague. I'm not sure if it's a client or server-side patch, or perhaps if I already have it as a result of upgrading to the latest version.

I ask this because I plan to upgrade some computers to Windows 8, and have noticed that Cisco NAC Agent can't handshake with the NAC server on Windows 8 (both native and VM), and despite upgrading to the latest version, the handshake is still unsuccessful.

Thanks,

-Collin

11 Replies 11

Hi Collin,

The 4.9.1 Patch for Windows 8 Support can be downloaded from the following link :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282910502&flowid=34713&softwareid=282573326&release=4.9.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

The patch should be applied to both 4.9.1 CAM and CAS.

Please go through the README file for patch provided in the download link provided above. It has detailed information.

Regards,

Karthik Chandran

Hello Karthik,

I recently upgrade my PC to WIndows 8 and am unable to connect (error- unrecognized device) using NAC Agent. I created an account but I am unable to download the patch because I do not have a service contract. Is there an alternative place I can download the patch? I assume that if I head to my campus' tech support center, they would have a service contract, but unfortunately, I sometimes doubt their competence.

Thanks,

Peter Portanova

Hello Peter,

As informed by Karthik, that the following link could be used to download the patch.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282910502&flowid=34713&softwareid=282573326&release=4.9.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

In order to download it, you need to create an account on the Cisco Website. Once created, using your credentials you should be able to download it.

If still facing issues, feel free to contact.

I've applied the patch and verified but still can't get online.  I tried to modify the weblogin feature to see if it will see it as windows 8 but still not profiling correctly.  Have you seen this issue before?

Hi All,

Currently we are using ISE 1.4 with dot1x (machine & user authentication) and posturing.

We are using Cisco NAC agent 4.9.5.8 for all windows machines.

This works all well with windows 7 after authentication nac agent pops up properly and checks for the posture. But in windows 10 machine its stucking in machine authentication only it’s not going forward for Posture check and NAC agent not popping for the same.

Can anyone face this issue with Windows 10 machine?

Thanks in advance

We've moved away from Cisco NAC. Thanks

doncrea01
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible to get the NAC agent to work on Windows 8 by telling it to run in compatiability mode. I tested it with Cisco NAC 4.8 and it seems to be working. I am not sure if it will work with 4.9 but I would think it would. I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Don

Try the 4.9.2.8 agent.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

fxc158194
Level 1
Level 1

你好,能不能给发一个nac agent 4.9,支持win8的安装包,谢谢!

fxc158194@163.com

hmahmoud81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I found another solution without any patches or server side updates just apply the following steps to the client PC and it will work, my NAC Agent version is 4.9.2.8

• After installing the Agent go to “SystemDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco NAC Agent”

or “SystemDrive:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco NAC Agent”

• Locate the file “NACAgentUI.exe” and open the properties
  • Switch to Compatibility Tab and Change The compatibility to “Windows 7” for All Users.
  • Run the agent again

Regards,

Hassan

myanuary
Level 1
Level 1

first you have make sure, the server compatible with win8 and you have configure "if client is win8, then use NAC 4.X.X"

then the NAC client that installed on PC Client must be the same version...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: