Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SSL FIPS mode in ISE 3.1 patch-3

My SNS-3615 is running ISE 3.1 patch-3 with FIPs mode DISABLED; --> Administration --> System  --> Settings --> FIPs mode disabled.

However, from the ISE 3.1 patch-3 server, whenever I ssh into my external CentOS-7 Linux server, that also serves as my remote repository, I get this:

ISE/admin# ssh 192.168.1.1 root
Operating in CiscoSSL FIPS mode
FIPS mode initialized
root@192.168.1.1's password:
Last login: Sat Jun 11 10:54:28 2022 from 192.168.1.1
[root@CentOS-53 ~]#

What does that mean?  Why is ISE still operating in FIPS mode?  I rebooted the ISE multiple times and still see the same output.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt88460 , the bug report refers to 2.6 , but also no Known Fixed Releases are mentioned , you will probably have to discuss this with TAC.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt88460 , the bug report refers to 2.6 , but also no Known Fixed Releases are mentioned , you will probably have to discuss this with TAC.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Why does the status listed as "Fixed"? 

- Ignore that . it's a bug in the bug-report (.....)

M.

where you do get that information from?