cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI admin password rest using install cdrom not working on ACS 5.5 cumulative patch 1

Hi,

I can't log onto either of our ACS 5.5 servers using the CLI admin passwords (which we do have recorded and no one appears to have changed ).

I get accessed denied on both.

On our DR ACS I went through the procedure of resetting the CLI admin password using the install cd mounted in the VM (the iso is actually for 5.3) , but even after picking a new password,  I get access denied when I try to use it.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Is it possible that patching to ACS 5.5 from ACS 5.3 (a month or so ago) has some how locked out the passwords ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gesaravi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The reason why it is not working is because you need to use the ISO image or cd for ACS 5.5.

If you try to reset the CLI administrator password with an ISO image or cd for other ACS version it will not take the new password.

Please give it a try with the 5.5 image.

Regards,

Gerald

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

edwardcollins7
Level 1
Level 1

is this on a VM or an Appliance?

Rate if Useful :)

Sharing knowledge makes you Immortal.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed, it's a VM. It's been suggested that I need to use an install CD of the current patch level of the ACS. i.e. 5.5 (not the orginal 5.3 cd it was built with).

Stuart,

Gerald is right. try with that and let us know.

Regards

Ed

Thanks, yes using an image of the current patch level for the admin password rest option worked correctly.

gesaravi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The reason why it is not working is because you need to use the ISO image or cd for ACS 5.5.

If you try to reset the CLI administrator password with an ISO image or cd for other ACS version it will not take the new password.

Please give it a try with the 5.5 image.

Regards,

Gerald

Ok, thanks for the fast reply, I'll try and get a 5.5 iso mounted on the VM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: