cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Authenticating Incorrectly in ISE 2.4

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

We just upgraded to ISE 2.4 from 2.3.  A client computer is authenticating with computer credentials.  It shows up as USERNAME/USERNAME.  The authentication fails.

I thought I would share this to see if anyone is having the same issue. I also have a TAC case open so I can provide an update from there as well.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.4 is masking out invalid usernames. To see them, please use the option [ ] Disclose invalid usernames.

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 4.36.08 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.4 is masking out invalid usernames. To see them, please use the option [ ] Disclose invalid usernames.

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 4.36.08 PM.png

Is this something that is usually corrected with Identity Rewrite, driver issue, etc.?

I believe the reason we are suppressing such user names is that the end users accidentally put their passwords as the usernames some times.

CSCvh91118 is an enhancement filed during ISE 2.4 beta to make the option more flexible. I just added the release notes enclosure so it would take a couple of days of Cisco internal review before becoming external visible.

In this case, it would be a host. Can you comment on host authentications?

Please use the option to disclose the real host subject for 30 minutes and then update ISE configurations accordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: