Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients not authenticating over dot1x after IOS upgrade

TJ - Networking
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I have two clients that are not authenticating over dot1x, all others connected to the switch are able to authenticate. I've checked the settings on the workstations and everything is properly configured (the same as the workstations that are working). 

I checked the logs on the RADIUS server and it appears that the radius is not even coming into the picture because there aren't any logs regarding the two workstations. 

The following message is the same for both interfaces. 

Jan 14 15:32:50.862: %DOT1X-5-FAIL: Switch 1 R0/0: sessmgrd: Authentication failed for client (xxxx.xxxx.xxxx) with reason (No Response from Client) on Interface Gi1/0/25 
Jan 14 15:32:50.863: %SESSION_MGR-5-FAIL: Switch 1 R0/0: sessmgrd: Authorization failed or unapplied for client (xxxx.xxxx.xxxx) on Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/25 AuditSessionID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Failure reason: Authc fail. Authc failure reason: No Response from Client.

I'm on version Fuji 16.9.4 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the supplicant service is running on the client and that there is no firewall running on the device.  Also, make sure there is no adapter or transceiver between the PC and the switchport that could not be forwarding the EAPOL frames.  You could do a packet capture on the client or SPAN the switchport to see if the client is even sending any EAPOL frames.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the logs it seem client are not responding to dot1x request. You can confirm this by taking pcap on client machine.

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the supplicant service is running on the client and that there is no firewall running on the device.  Also, make sure there is no adapter or transceiver between the PC and the switchport that could not be forwarding the EAPOL frames.  You could do a packet capture on the client or SPAN the switchport to see if the client is even sending any EAPOL frames.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: