Views
Helpful
Replies

Compliance Module - What is this?

trevorc1653
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I could use some assistance with getting my arms around Compliance Module.  I don't

recall this being an objective in the CCNP Security 300-208 exam.  It is now an objective

in the 300-715 exam.  More specifically, item 6.3, "Configure the compliance module".

What is the compliance module?  From the way the objective reads, there's only one.

After doing some investigation, there appears to be several.

What are the steps to go about "Configuring the compliance module"?

Trying to connect the dots from the information in the "Cisco ISE Administrator Guide, Release 2.6"

is a little challenging.

Any assistance on my query would be most appreciated.

TC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The ISE Compliance module is used by the AnyConnect Client and provides the ability to assess an endpoint's compliance for Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Malware, Firewall, Disk Encryption etc software installed on the client's computer. This information is used by ISE when determining the posture of a computer.

This compliance module is updated reguarly with new vendors and versions of software etc.

There are a number of clients on the Cisco website to download, but you only need 1 per operating system. E.g. - If you only use Windows then you do not need the MAC OS compliance module.

There are a number of different ways to deploy the module, either centrally from ISE in which case you'd use the Head-End deployment .pkg file or manual/standalone installation in which case you'd use the .msi file.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

The ISE Compliance module is used by the AnyConnect Client and provides the ability to assess an endpoint's compliance for Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Malware, Firewall, Disk Encryption etc software installed on the client's computer. This information is used by ISE when determining the posture of a computer.

This compliance module is updated reguarly with new vendors and versions of software etc.

There are a number of clients on the Cisco website to download, but you only need 1 per operating system. E.g. - If you only use Windows then you do not need the MAC OS compliance module.

There are a number of different ways to deploy the module, either centrally from ISE in which case you'd use the Head-End deployment .pkg file or manual/standalone installation in which case you'd use the .msi file.

HTH

It helps a great deal RJI. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query.

TLC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: