cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cpu and disk space issue in ISE server

Debabrata Majhi
Level 1
Level 1

we having ISE VM K9  Active/Standby cluster with version 2.1 with patch 1. Actually we are running with limited hardware resources like cpu cores 4 and disk space issue so planning to build new ISE server .

any help is highly appreciated

Are we going in right track?IF yes what will be the best approach to build new ISE cluster without impact old environment

or we can go any alternate plan to resolve the  cpu cores 4 and disk space issue.

Thanks

Debu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I recommend the Cisco Live session - Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability - BRKSEC-3699 from Melbourne 2019

Thanks,
Nidhi

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I recommend reading the installation guide. In theory you can build an ISE node with any range of cpu/RAM etc. BUT Any deviation from the official Cisco document is not recommended because it either won’t work well or won’t be supported.  Just build it as indicated. Small/Medium is typical build for PAN/MnT/PSN. Now there is also a large VM for special MnT cases. 

Hi Arne

Appreciate your prompt response

Yes,I agree with you.

I have little concern

If I want to rebuild or Let say migrate old ISE cluster to new ISE cluster

Can you suggest some document for go through,

I recommend the Cisco Live session - Designing ISE for Scale & High Availability - BRKSEC-3699 from Melbourne 2019

Thanks,
Nidhi
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: