cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA and ACS question

pambosch
Level 1
Level 1

We have VMS 2.2 with CSA 4.0 agents. We also have an ACS3.1 on the network. We want to implement the following functionality: If lets say a certain user does not have all antivirus or OS updates installed, then ACS and CSA should not allow the user to access the network. This functionality can be achieved by using the Cisco Trust Agent (CTA), but I was wondering if we can do the same with CSA. Does anyone know about it?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

flyingmunk
Level 1
Level 1

in the current version of vms, you can't do acs authorization or authentication using an acs server. what you are wanting to do, is currently not possible.

chris

i should clarify my previous post. you can't do authorization or authentication with CSA. it can be done with ids mc and fw mc.

sorry.

chris

thanks a lot chris for the answer.

shawnmchenry
Level 1
Level 1

First you must upgrade to ACS 3.3 to add the CTA functionality. Secondly, you must run CTA and CSA to get the abilities that you want. At this point CTA is NOT embedded in CSA. Essentially, CTA is the transport to ACS. CTA gathers the required information from CSA and Antivirus APIs and forwards it to ACS. We're currently testing NAC at the moment. So far I'm reasonably impressed.