cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Adrian Aron
Cisco Employee

Custom .js embeded in ISE Guest Portal

Hello team,

I have a challenge with one of our projects, where we need to display the Guest associated MAC address in the form of a QR code. I added Support page to Guest AUP flow and I can see the associated Guest data there, but I failed to embed a proper JS, that reads the variable "MAC address" and converts it into a QR code picture and displays it on the Support page.

How can I get an example of this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee

2 REPLIES 2
Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee

Please check out this article.

ISE Portal Support Page MAC Address as a QR Code

Hy again Jason,

My code is pretty basic, embeds a .js function stored on ISE Custom repository, then calls a function to construct and display a QR code with the MAC address information of Guest user; The main issue I find now, is where I get the variable MAC address for each Guest session in ISE ? Now the QR code is using a static input to ensure that jscript is correct. The other issue is that ISE is parsing the script and moves <div> at the end of script and calls made in .js by ID no longer function.

<script type="text/javascript" src=":8443/qrcode.js"></script>
<div id="qrcode" style="width:100px; height:100px; margin-top:15px;"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var qrcode = new QRCode(document.getElementById("qrcode"), {
    width : 100,
    height : 100
});

function makeCode () {
    qrcode.makeCode("00:40:FE:2A:49:E0");
}
makeCode();
</script>