Views
Helpful
Replies

Customer Auth Return Values

chris.harvey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have an interesting use case I would like to discuss.  A customer has an LDAP directory full of non-MSAD users.  These users do not have computers.  The customer wishes to offer BYOD services with authentication via a portal.  I understand there are other ways to do this, however at this stage we are just exploring WebAuth.

The customer wishes the end user to log in with a user ID based on their staff number and a password set through an LDAP server portal.  I have these requirements in hand and am happy with the solution here.

The sticking point is this - after the user logs in, the successful auth page much show their name in a format similar to "Hello Chris Martin, welcome".  This information is held as a object in the LDAP database.  I have three objects to work with:

givenName: Chris

sn: Martin

cn: Chris Martin

Can I modify the success page to display this information out of the choices above?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First and Last names in those variables are pulled from the guest database when the user logs in with Guest Credentials. I don't think ISE can natively pull this data from an external directory.

You could develop some Javascript code to call out to an external web service pull retrieve that data. That maybe more trouble than it's worth though.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try going to the BYOD Portal, click on Portal Page Customization and then choose the BYOD Success entry

BYOD1.PNG

Click the Insert Variable button variable.PNG and choose First Name and Last Name from the list of variables.

BYOD2.PNG

Customize your message and Save.

BYOD3.PNG

First and Last names in those variables are pulled from the guest database when the user logs in with Guest Credentials. I don't think ISE can natively pull this data from an external directory.

You could develop some Javascript code to call out to an external web service pull retrieve that data. That maybe more trouble than it's worth though.

Thanks