Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize Guest Access Expiry Notification - using variables

Hello,

I'd like to customize the expiry notification for guest accounts. I found where to change the text, but I'd like to specify the name of the expiring account. (Background: we're using the guest access system in our schools, the teachers as sponsors generate hundreds of guest accounts, so simply telling "Your account is going to expire in 10 days." is pointless)

I'd like to insert a variable like $ui_guest_user_name$ to specify the account. I tried this, but they are not parsed as it seems. Where can I lookup these variables and how to use them in this context?

We are using 2.7.0.356.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See this section in the Admin Guide for variables related to Guest and Sponsor Portals.

The variable $ui_guest_user_name$ is valid for the Sponsor Portal, but not the Guest Portal. I used the following set of variables for SMS notification in a customer deployment and they worked perfectly.

Your Visitor account details valid to $ui_end_date_time$. VISITOR NAME $ui_first_name$ $ui_last_name$ USERNAME: $ui_user_name$ PASSWORD: $ui_password$

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See this section in the Admin Guide for variables related to Guest and Sponsor Portals.

The variable $ui_guest_user_name$ is valid for the Sponsor Portal, but not the Guest Portal. I used the following set of variables for SMS notification in a customer deployment and they worked perfectly.

Your Visitor account details valid to $ui_end_date_time$. VISITOR NAME $ui_first_name$ $ui_last_name$ USERNAME: $ui_user_name$ PASSWORD: $ui_password$