Default username and password do not work - Cisco EPC3928S

Maciejowski17
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To reset Cisco EPC3928S router,

1. Turn on the Cisco EPC3928S router
  2. Look for the reset button. Few routers have a tiny hole and few others have a reset button.
  3. Press the Factory reset button with a straightened paperclip pin or something that gets through the tiny hole, and hold it for about 15 seconds! (till you see all the lights flashing)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Maciejowski17
Level 1
Level 1

Using a phone, so the main content has not been sent. I am trying to log into my router settings, but default username and password does not work. I was writing many combinations of default usernames and passwords. I also reset the router, but I am still not logged, because all these ways did not help. What should I do?

if you do not have a username and password you need to rest to the factory and start again :

https://setuprouter.com/router/cisco/epc3928s/reset-router.htm

BB

I have read it quickly and I think it is exactly what I did a few hours ago. And after that, default passwords still did not work. Probably I did not reset the router correctly - I put the tip of a paperclip into the reset place and hold it there for about 30 seconds. I saw router was doing something like reset because the lights were blinking rhytmically. I am describing it so you can determine if I did it right.

Sorry for my English, I hope you understand me

To reset Cisco EPC3928S router,

1. Turn on the Cisco EPC3928S router
  2. Look for the reset button. Few routers have a tiny hole and few others have a reset button.
  3. Press the Factory reset button with a straightened paperclip pin or something that gets through the tiny hole, and hold it for about 15 seconds! (till you see all the lights flashing)

BB

What did you use as credentials. Defautl user is admin and password is blank.