Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy SNS 3655 as PAN and 3695 as MNT

Sar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can we deploy a distributed deployment of 2x SNS 3655 as PAN and 2x SNS 3695 as MNT? I don't see that this is supported in the Cisco Live BRKSEC-3432 document but we used to have Super MNT in Large VM back then in ISE 2.4 so I wonder if this combination is indeed possible? Thank you.

Warm regards,

Sarah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It will work keeping in mind that you will be capped at scaling numbers for the 3655 PAN's, 500k active endpoints in this case. Similar to the 2.4 scenario you referenced, you might have better MNT performance. My personal experience has been that faster disk for the MNT made a larger impact than more memory.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
It will work keeping in mind that you will be capped at scaling numbers for the 3655 PAN's, 500k active endpoints in this case. Similar to the 2.4 scenario you referenced, you might have better MNT performance. My personal experience has been that faster disk for the MNT made a larger impact than more memory.

Thanks a lot for the info Damien! Really appreciate it :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: