Views
Helpful
Replies

Detect and block unauthorized devices and users in network

littlespace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Right now we have Cisco 6509 as a access switch in our network. Each user has an IP phone and a computer. we are going to implement 802.1X for end users by next month. I need to check all the users activity in the network like if someone plug an access point to the network or a router.

I just checked Cisco NAC and I think that one gonna help us to detect those activities on the network.

I need to get more details on Cisco NAC or other products for that purpose. also what is the difference between Cisco NAC and application like Microsoft TMG?

Could you please give me more detail on Cisco NAC? is it agent less or I have to install something on computers? is it working as a default router for users computers?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you want to implement dot1x Cisco NAC is not the solution since it doesnt dot1x for wired clients.

Your best bet is to go with Cisco ISE. You dont have to install any software and can choose to use the native windows supplicant.

www.cisco.com/go/ise

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you want to implement dot1x Cisco NAC is not the solution since it doesnt dot1x for wired clients.

Your best bet is to go with Cisco ISE. You dont have to install any software and can choose to use the native windows supplicant.

www.cisco.com/go/ise

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: