cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determine password age of an ISE 3.1 TACACS user (internal database)

wags
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way in the ISE GUI or CLI to look at the internal database of TACACS users, to determine how soon the password needs to be changed on a specific account (or a counter showing the number of days since last changed, or the like).  

In our case we cannot use the obvious solution of the canned GUI report of the user changing password because the deployment is busy enough to have "aged out" the internal log entry.  

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a way, but you can only check a single account at a time, and it was just added in 3.2.

Go to Administration > Identity Management > Identities > Users, select your user and look at the Password Lifetime.  Even if Never Expires is selected, change it to With Expiration to see the Lifetime left for that password if it were to expire.

CharlieMoreton_0-1680185518513.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can look Global Settings about password change policy : ( not that i have observed closely for local accounts) - may be we can check audit report.

balajibandi_0-1679999682965.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

wags
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the responses, however unless I misunderstand they are not what we need.   We need to check specific internal/local accounts for upcoming password expiry in some way.   It would be a non-issue if Cisco would  provided the ability to assign different password policy for different accounts/groups CSCvu07107.   I can look through syslog (we log ISE there as well), but not everyone else has 30+ years with Cisco and Unix like myself.  Really need a "raw newbie" way to accomplish the task.

There is a way, but you can only check a single account at a time, and it was just added in 3.2.

Go to Administration > Identity Management > Identities > Users, select your user and look at the Password Lifetime.  Even if Never Expires is selected, change it to With Expiration to see the Lifetime left for that password if it were to expire.

CharlieMoreton_0-1680185518513.png

Charlie, that is so great to hear/see.  It will (in our near future) save me a good deal of headaches.  And any newbie can manage it without instruction!!  LOL.  Again thanks.