cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

devices attempting to use the guest wifi get NAC agent download prompt

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

We have NAC setup in layer 2 OOB mode.  99.9% of the time guests come and connect their personal smart phones and tablets to our guest wifi without any issue.  They are presented with a terms and agreements page, where they just click OK and they are on the guest wifi.

Once every 3 or 4 weeks, someone reports they don't see the terms and agreements page, but instead is prompted to download NAC agent.  I have never done anything to "correct" this issue as it usually goes away by itself the next day.  I opened TAC and cisco don't see any settings we have that would trigger this behavior.

The strange things are

- when it does happen, it only happens to 1 device on any given day.  I have never seen it happen to 2 or more devices on the same day, and we typically have at least 20 guest users at any given time.

- most of the times this is reported by different people (using different devices), but several users/devices continue to experience this issue like every 3 or 4 month.

Of course, everytime I go to the user, the problem is resolved and cannot be reproduced again.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

2 Replies 2

tachyon05
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions?

Nope! TAC?