Views
Helpful
Replies

Dictionaries and Library Conditions on ISE 2.3

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I want to make an authorization rule based on MAC address. But when I want to make the rule, I cannot find any MAC address related attribute on Library Conditions. When I check further, I found MAC address and OUI on Dictionaries. Is there any way I can use that attribute from Dictionaries on Library Conditions?

And one more thing. Anyone can confirm this? I was watching ISE tutorial video and want to replicate the authorization method on my environment. I realize that the version used on the video is not 2.3 since the menu is quite different. I'm not really concerned about this since Cisco rearranged them. But I found that on the video there were Calling-Station-ID and Called-Station-ID, while in my 2.3 ISE only Called-Station-ID is available. This happens on Authorization Profile menu on Policy Sets Am I missing something here?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mohamed,

Apparently I can search on the column and Calling-Station-ID is on different category. Will try to match the client's MAC address with Calling-Station-ID. Thank you.

2.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I am not sure if I understood the question exactly but If you want to match
MAC address you can create a condition to match Radius >
Calling-Station-ID . This field contains the MAC address of the endpoint

Hi Mohamed,

The main goal is I want to assign a rule to a client of a specific MAC address. The thing is, I cannot find Calling-Station-ID on my 2.3 ISE, only Called-Station-ID available. Are those two are the same thing?

1.JPG

Thank you.

No they aren't. I have 2.3 and can see it

Hi Mohamed,

Apparently I can search on the column and Calling-Station-ID is on different category. Will try to match the client's MAC address with Calling-Station-ID. Thank you.

2.JPG