cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Differences in Meraki BYOD and Cisco ISE based BYOD

faizal_vi
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customer want to about the BYOD features offered by Meraki vs the BYOD when Cisco ISE comes in along with Meraki,

Can anyone help me to identify the differences

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My views -

ISE - full blown Identity management system - which you can integrate with any system including meraki

when it come to Meraki BYOD - this is more of Wireless device manamgnent - you can find some information here. (depends on where you looking to deploy) - i do not believe this will replace ISE features.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/tag/byod/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Meraki dashboard part for troubleshooting is really bad. It does not give you much information about the reason for a failure other than "failed authentication". From a troubleshooting perspective, Meraki Dashboard is not even close to ISE. Other than that, everything has to be done using API (in-house) so get your hands on python and API stuff. Meraki is more like a cost effective management tool for AP's. CWA implementation on Meraki probably requires SNAT if you are load balancing your PSN's using F5.

Either case, a better method is to use an MDM for BYOD use-cases instead of NAC (or wireless vendor) provided ones.  Meraki Systems Manager, inTune, jamf, etc.