cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable wireless guest clients after timeout with ISE

JR Harper
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for some options or suggestions on trying to accomplish a requested setup.  I am looking to have wireless guest users disabled and not be able to re-authenticate after the configured timeout period unless they are cleared by an administrator.  Once the user times out and is disabled, they will have to contact support to have them re-enabled and re-authenticated on the wireless network.  Currently, the guest WLAN is ran off a 5508 guest anchor WLC and just authenticates my accepting a splash page on the WLC.  I have ISE 2.0 running in the network but is not currently used for the guest wireless authentication.  I know I can time the users out on the WLC, but nothing is stopping them from just re-authenticating.  I am not sure this can be done with ISE either or with the use of a local guest user account.  Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi @JR Harper

You can achieve that with ISE for sure. ISE will also give you a much better manageability by send user and pass by email.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Can you give me an idea or little info on how to go about this in ISE?  Thanks