cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do we support different patch levels in the same major version?

bricrock
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the answer is "no" but I'm being asked if we support different patch levels (p1 vs p3) for ISE nodes within the same major version (e.g. 2.1)?

Please advise.  Thank you,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oliver Laue
Level 4
Level 4

No. If you try to join a node with a different patch level the System states they need to be on the same version. If you install a patch in an existing deployment all nodes will receive the patch after a couple of time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Oliver Laue
Level 4
Level 4

No. If you try to join a node with a different patch level the System states they need to be on the same version. If you install a patch in an existing deployment all nodes will receive the patch after a couple of time.

Do you know how long it should until the newly registered nodes "automatically" receive the patch to bring it in line with the others?  In my experience with ISE 2.2p1 I didn't see this automatic behaviour at all.  I eventually just kicked off another patching session via the GUI - ISE was clever enough to only patch the two new PSN's that I had registered.

a fresh joined node will not receive a patch which was already deployed. if you try to register an ise 2.2p0 node to a ise 2.2p1 deployment the system states you have to update the new node to the patch level of the existing deployment.

if you deploy a patch to a deployment normally the automatic install order should be PAN, (S)PAN, MNT, (S)MNT, PSNs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: