cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does posture module require NAM to do posture on AnyConnect 4.7?

Madura Malwatte
Level 4
Level 4

In this discussion, Cisco engineer mentions that "For posture assessment you only need to deploy the Posture Module". However the AnyConnect 4.7 config guide states "You must install the Network Access Manager before ISE Posture starts. ISE Posture uses the Network Access Manager plugin to detect the network change events and 802.1x WiFi." and "If you are using ISE posture on a Windows OS, Network Access Manager must be installed prior to starting AnyConnect ISE posture".

I am confused, so is NAM required along with the posture module for posture to work? Or can posture module do posturing without installing the NAM?

5 Replies 5

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not need NAM for posture assessment.  Just the Posture Module.

Thanks, that's what I thought. However is there any reason why the documentation states that NAM is required for posture?

Hi,

I trust you must be doing well.

Anyconnect does not require a NAM module to perform posture, it has the ISE_Posture module to perform the same.

It could be an old document where NAM could be used for the same. It is not required with AC.

Regards,

Barinder Singh Ghuman

Cheers,
Barinder Singh Ghuman

Hi, thanks for the reply. But this is AC 4.7 config guide and it was updated April 3, 2020. I guess Cisco need remove this part from the document.

As I read it, this is just a guideline for the order of operations IF both the AnyConnect NAM and Posture modules are installed.

Further down on the same page, there is a note stating:

"When AnyConnect ISE Posture is installed with the Network Access Manager, ISE posture uses the Network Access Manager plugin to detect the network change events and 802.1X WiFi."