Views
Helpful
Replies

dot1x pae authenticator

Neelesh Marathe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In newer of version of how to - Universal Switch Configuration guide, command dot1x pae authenticator is not there under interface configuration. Is it not required anymore? or is it specific to IOS versions?

I am refereeing to link http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-10-Universal_Switch_Config.pdf

Thanks,

Neelesh Marathe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neelesh, running the 'authentication port-control auto' will add the 'dot1x pae authenticator' automatically. But to minimize confusion, I will add 'dot1x pae authenticator' to the document. Thanks.

Hosuk

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried it on a 3560CG running 15.2.2E and it went unauthorized after that line removed. I will ask howon to comment further.

Thanks Hsing

Neelesh, running the 'authentication port-control auto' will add the 'dot1x pae authenticator' automatically. But to minimize confusion, I will add 'dot1x pae authenticator' to the document. Thanks.

Hosuk

howon

Thanks for clarification. One more thing I observed that in above document the description given for both below commands is same .. [ I hope I am not missing something :-) ] 

authentication event server dead action reinitialize

authentication event server dead action authorize

Actually there is little difference between those commands as

• authorize—Moves ANY NEW hosts trying to authenticate to the user-specified critical VLAN.
  • reinitialize—Moves ALL ATHORIZED hosts on the port to the user-specified critical VLAN.

I think this distinction should also make in the document .. What do you say

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers