Views
Helpful
Replies

dot1x pae authenticator

Neelesh Marathe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In newer of version of how to - Universal Switch Configuration guide, command dot1x pae authenticator is not there under interface configuration. Is it not required anymore? or is it specific to IOS versions?

I am refereeing to link http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-10-Universal_Switch_Config.pdf

Thanks,

Neelesh Marathe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neelesh, running the 'authentication port-control auto' will add the 'dot1x pae authenticator' automatically. But to minimize confusion, I will add 'dot1x pae authenticator' to the document. Thanks.

Hosuk

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried it on a 3560CG running 15.2.2E and it went unauthorized after that line removed. I will ask howon to comment further.

Thanks Hsing

Neelesh, running the 'authentication port-control auto' will add the 'dot1x pae authenticator' automatically. But to minimize confusion, I will add 'dot1x pae authenticator' to the document. Thanks.

Hosuk

howon

Thanks for clarification. One more thing I observed that in above document the description given for both below commands is same .. [ I hope I am not missing something :-) ] 

authentication event server dead action reinitialize

authentication event server dead action authorize

Actually there is little difference between those commands as

• authorize—Moves ANY NEW hosts trying to authenticate to the user-specified critical VLAN.
  • reinitialize—Moves ALL ATHORIZED hosts on the port to the user-specified critical VLAN.

I think this distinction should also make in the document .. What do you say