Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic Access Policy VPN & Management Access

Michael All
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm testing out a scenerio with an ASA 5520 to get it to authenticate VPN users against and Active Directory environment plus allow management access as well. I created a Dynamic Access Policy on the ASA stating that if you are a member of the Active Directory group "Managment" the continue. I chagned the DefaultAccessPolicy to "Terminate". So with that, VPN users cannot connect because they are not a member of that group, but the access to manage the ASA is allowed because of that policy.

Is there a way through using Dynamic Access Policies that I can allow management access (SSH, ASDM, etc) by matching to a group membership and will allow normal users to VPN in successfully but not allow them access to managing the ASA?

I'm just trying this out but it seems like I should be able to swing this?

Thaks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can try applying DAP and configure the Network ACL Filter. thus allowing them only the protocols you wish them to have access.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can try applying DAP and configure the Network ACL Filter. thus allowing them only the protocols you wish them to have access.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.