Views
Helpful
Replies

Empty Context Visibility Endpoints after 1.4 -> 2.1 upgrade

paul
Level 10
Level 10

All,

I just finished upgrade a two node deployment from 1.4 to 2.1 patch 1.  Everything is authenticating as expected, but there are nothing on my Context Visibility screens.  All the screens just say "no data found".  The customer only has Base Licensing and manages everything with static white lists or 802.1x authentication.  I haven't had a customer run just base licensing before.  Is that why Context Visibility shows nothing?  If so how are they supposed to administer their MACs now that the Administration->Identity Management->Identities screen doesn't let you manage Endpoint Identities any more?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ISE 2.1 does away with the Endpoint Identity screen you mentioned in favor of Context Visibility.  Context Visibility is heavily reliant on profiler which requires a Plus licensing.  They can still administer their whilte-listed MAC addresses via Administration > Identity Management > Groups.  If they would like the benefit of Context Visibility, have them install a Plus license.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ISE 2.1 does away with the Endpoint Identity screen you mentioned in favor of Context Visibility.  Context Visibility is heavily reliant on profiler which requires a Plus licensing.  They can still administer their whilte-listed MAC addresses via Administration > Identity Management > Groups.  If they would like the benefit of Context Visibility, have them install a Plus license.

Regards,

-Tim