cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint Details Through API

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am trying to pull endpoint details/attributes through the API.  When a session is active, the MnT API is able to pull a lot of information about the connection, including IP address, username, identity store, etc.  But when the endpoint is offline, the MnT API doesn't find the endpoint, which makes sense.  So then when you query the ERS API for the endpoint, you get back very limited information such as follows:

ERS_Output.jpg

The "name" and "mac" both return the MAC address, even when the endpoint last authenticated using 802.1x.  Notice the lack of any real details for the endpoint.  I tried going through all of the available API objects and there does not appear to be a way to get more than what is shown above for non-active endpoints.  This is for ISE v2.4.

Am I missing something?  Does the API return more information in v2.6?  I don't have a 2.6 environment with ERS enabled so I can't see the SDK and release notes.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct, Colby, the ERSEndPoint object does NOT offer much information unfortunately. 8-(

The way to get more detailed information would be using a pxGrid subscriber or using the ISE Endpoint Analysis Tool @ https://iseeat.cisco.com/

If you are a Cisco Partner, you can get access to ISE 2.6 and 2.7 via dCloud.cisco.com for Instant or Scheduled demos.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct, Colby, the ERSEndPoint object does NOT offer much information unfortunately. 8-(

The way to get more detailed information would be using a pxGrid subscriber or using the ISE Endpoint Analysis Tool @ https://iseeat.cisco.com/

If you are a Cisco Partner, you can get access to ISE 2.6 and 2.7 via dCloud.cisco.com for Instant or Scheduled demos.

Excellent, thanks Thomas!