Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint with 2 simultaneous connections

ostubbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team, 

Is there a way to prevent an endpoint from using two RADIUS connections simultaneously via a wired and wireless connection? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no mechanism on ISE that will control that. You will need to rely on your supplicant. For example. Anyconnect NAM for windows only allows one interface (connection) at a time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no mechanism on ISE that will control that. You will need to rely on your supplicant. For example. Anyconnect NAM for windows only allows one interface (connection) at a time.

Thank you Jason.

Jason,

My cube mate was just having issues with his new MAC and he has a wired connection and his wireless NIC active. When he rebooted the laptop an 802.1x pop-up asking him which connection he wanted to authenticate against (wired or wireless).

Can provide some explanation as to what this is?

This is a MAC apple OS X issue, have you checked the apple forums on the expected behavior and details?

I have not checked the apple forums regarding this behavior.

I thought to mention it because it happened after I reached out and the event seem related to perhaps the functional capability of ISE.

I'll check the apple forums

Thanks

There is no capability on ISE to have any such control of this behavior of the native supplicant on Apple MAC OSX

Thank you for the confirmation Jason.

I really appreciate the quick responses to my inquiries.