cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoints "Release Rejected" Button

dmholmes000
Level 1
Level 1

New in Cisco ISE 2.2 is a button to "Release Rejected" that can be seen on the "Endpoints" list under "Context Visibility."  However, I can't find any resource online that mentions what this button actually does, how it can impact my workflows, its intended use, or really anything in any of the new documentation.  Does anybody know what this is or can anyone provide an explanation of this function is for?  Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Under Administration > System > Settings > Protocols > RADIUS, you will find the suppression settings for clients that continually fail auth.  One of the options is to immediately respond to such clients with Access-Reject.  These are rejected clients and continue to be rejected for the specified interval.  The Dashboard and Context Visibility page will allow viewing of endpoints that are rejected and to simplify early release of these endpoints.  ERS API can also perform these operations.

/Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Under Administration > System > Settings > Protocols > RADIUS, you will find the suppression settings for clients that continually fail auth.  One of the options is to immediately respond to such clients with Access-Reject.  These are rejected clients and continue to be rejected for the specified interval.  The Dashboard and Context Visibility page will allow viewing of endpoints that are rejected and to simplify early release of these endpoints.  ERS API can also perform these operations.

/Craig

Great, thank you very much for the answer.  That's exactly what I was looking for.