Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Name: LW_ERROR_LDAP_NAMING_VIOLATION When Joining ISE to AD

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I wanted to join the ISE to a new domain, since my company is currently migrating the AD domain. But upon joining the ISE nodes to the AD, I stumbled upon the following error:

Error Name: LW_ERROR_LDAP_NAMING_VIOLATION
Error Code: 40336

Detailed Log:
17:53:46 Joining to domain NEWDOMAIN.COM using user ServiceAccount
17:53:46   Searching for DC in domain NEWDOMAIN.COM
17:53:46   Found DC: ServerName.NEWDOMAIN.com , client site is XX , dc site is YY
17:53:46   Checking credentials for user ServiceAccount
17:53:46     Getting TGT for account ServiceAccount@NEWDOMAIN.COM
17:53:46     TGT for account ServiceAccount@NEWDOMAIN.COM was retrieved successfully
17:53:46   Credentials for user ServiceAccount were verified
17:53:46   Searching for DC in domain NEWDOMAIN.COM
17:53:46   Found DC: ServerName.NEWDOMAIN.com , client site is XX , dc site is YY
17:53:46   Generating account name for ISE machine in NEWDOMAIN.COM
17:53:46     Searching for an existing machine account
17:53:46       Searching object by filter : (&(objectCategory=computer)(servicePrincipalName=host/ISENODE02.NEWDOMAIN.com)) 
17:53:46     Account: ISENODE02 was not found
17:53:46     Searching for an existing machine account
17:53:46       Searching object by filter : (&(objectClass=computer)(sAMAccountName=xxx)) 
17:53:46     Account: xxx was found
17:53:46   ISE Machine account name is : xxx
17:53:46   Creating machine account xxx in OU : CN=xxx,OU=V,OU=W,OU=X,OU=Y,DC=Z,DC=com

I tried to Googled it but did not find any similar error. What I did was to create the object first on the Domain Controller first and specify the DN of the ISE nodes.

Any idea why I got this error? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Some of these requirements might be applicable : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-integration-with-ad-fails/m-p/2876825#M39194

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Some of these requirements might be applicable : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-integration-with-ad-fails/m-p/2876825#M39194

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce,

Thank you, I will take a look into it.