cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error renewing self-signed certificate on ISE 1.2

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to renew the default self-signed certificate on the servers that make up our ISE cluster. I pull up the certificate to edit and select the Renew Self Signed Certificate box and pick an expiration range. When I go to save it I receive a message that the Friendly name already exists. This is the first time I have tried to go through the renew process. All the documentation I have read so far about the certificates mention the self-sign creation but there has been nothing about renewing the self-signed. Just wondering if this is normal and I need a different name or if it is because the certificate has already expired?

We have not been using the self-signed but was informed by our third party CA that the internal domain we use corporate wide cannot have its certificate renewed because of the new policies and the fact that the domain ends in .corp. I am not using certificate authenticate for clients and we are not planning to stand up a certificate server so am moving https over to use the self-signed certificate and the update the other servers in the cluster.

Brent

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brent, yes, public CAs will no longer issue public certificates to private domains. With that being said, have you tried to delete the current self-signed certificate and then generate a new one?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!