Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when configuring SNMP Cisco ISE 2.4

Hello,

I try to reconfigure the snmp on Cisco ISE but I got this error, any idea or how Can I fix it?

admin(config)# snmp-server community [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] ro
Parse error at line 3:
not well-formed (invalid token)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only time I've seen that error is when an invalid character is used in the community string. You should confirm that your string uses only alphanumeric characters (no special characters or blank spaces) as per the CLI Guide.

If you've confirmed the string includes only valid characters, please open a TAC case to investigate the issue further.

You should also be aware that ISE 2.4 reaches End of Support in December.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

tomy.tim
VIP
VIP

Hi  victormanuelsolis can you tell which version of cisco ise and path you are using, and which version of snmp you want to install?

Sure, Im using 2.4 version on ISE and SNMP v2

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only time I've seen that error is when an invalid character is used in the community string. You should confirm that your string uses only alphanumeric characters (no special characters or blank spaces) as per the CLI Guide.

If you've confirmed the string includes only valid characters, please open a TAC case to investigate the issue further.

You should also be aware that ISE 2.4 reaches End of Support in December.

Thank you, you're right, I changed some special characters in the community and it worked with no issues.

In other words I'll upgrade to 2.7 the next month, thanks for the tip

Yes, we have 2 main stoppers to upgrade to 3.1

1- You cannot upgrade from 2.4 to 3.1 directly

2- Due the change on the base licenses, we’ll need to involve the commercial team to acquire the base licenses, obviously with a cost, this is complicated when money is involved

So, we’ll update to 2.7 and stay there until EOS( September 2024) 

Got it, makes sense.  I have several customers as well who are waiting until full end of support of 2.7 because of the shift to Smart License and subscription.