Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors in ACS View Server in ACS 5.2

david_mayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have deployed 7 appliances 5.2.0.26.4 CSACS-1121-K9 whose 6 are performing AAA authentications while the last one is is the primary and is the master for configuration and log collector.

Since this morning, I cannot access anymore the view where I can see all Radius authentication for today. I obtain the following message:

The server workspace storage for on demand transient reports is full, please try again later or contact administrator to increase on demand transient report storage capacity

I could not find any indication how to solve that issue.

Moreover, if I generate other report, I have the message:

18002: iPortal generate report failed.

I could find some information which makes references to a Cisco bug CSCtb98071, as below:

Launching a shared report in the ACS 5.1 Monitoring and Report Viewer displays an iportal error for a particular scenario.

Symptom: You will see the following iportal error message when you launch a shared report:

iPortal generate report failed.

Conditions: This error occurs when you add a report to a group in the interactive viewer and save it as a shared report.

Workaround: Avoid using the option Add Group from the interactive viewer for hyperlinked column entries when you save the report as shared

However, I am not adding any report to any group, so I don't understand why this error appears and how to solve it.

Thanks a lot for your help,

With my best regards.

8 Replies 8

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David,

Please open a TAC case this isnt going to be an easy one!

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hello,

I have rebooted my primary server and now the reports are back.

I will open a TAC report when it reproduces, if it does... !

David

Hi David,

did your case still occured?

i just recently happened to encounter the same problem, where the Cisco ACS 5.2 monitoring and Reporting prompt "18002: iportal generate report errors"

i found a bug id CSCtb98071 reported in Cisco ACS 5.1 about the same error but not mentioned in ACS 5.2, is it a new bugs for ACS5.2

regards,

Rano

Hello,

After the reboot, this did not appear again. I keep the fingers crosed ! :-)

David

Hi David,

it seem mine is opposite, CSACS 1121 v5.2 after being restarted is ok, but after a while, when i try generate report from favorite dashboard, it's suddenly have this issue again.

seem like the symptom is the same with CSACS v5.1

are you opening report from favorite report dashboard ?

i will try to install patch 5.2.0.26.5, hopely can get better result.

regards,

RK

Hello,

Yes, I usually generate reports from the Favourites Reports list in the Dashboard view.

Currently, since many weeks, the problem is not appearing again anymore.

I saw the bug you mentioned (CSCtb98071) but it is not exactly the problem I was having because it mentions "This error occurs when you add a report to a group in the interactive viewer and save it as a shared report", which is not what I was doing as I was only seeing a predefined report.

David

David,

Since your environment consists of 7 ACS instances in which 6 are in a secondary configuration. Please move the log collection over from the primary to one of the secondary instances.

We have seen issues where this is recommended not only the configuration guide but also as been seen in other TAC cases.

Thanks,

Tarik

Hi Tarik and others,

We are setting up a new set of ACS 5.2 appliances, with patch 5. One of the appliances is primary for config, but the second appliance is the log collector.   We wanted to test some policies and so launched the monitoring and reports on the secondary. However, when I go to run any report... from dashboard or from catalog, by AAA protocol or instance, I get the message : Unable to run favorite Authentications TACACS AAA protocol report has been deleted.... Why would this happen... also we already tried restarting the secondary/log collector appliance.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Elena Dale

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: