cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expand Policy Sets in ISE 3.0

JPara1445
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this is a simple thing I'm missing. When I expand my Policy Set, I don't see any of the Authentication Policy or Authorization Policy lines as shown in all the examples I have seen. I thought this might be a browser issue but I have tried in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox and they all look the same.

My view looks like this:

mine.png

In all the tutorials the view should look like this:

example.png

I can't figure out why I don't see those additional sections of the policy set. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @JPara1445 

You are not comparing the same. Your first screenshot shows a policy set which points to an external RADIUS server sequence called DuoRADIUSSequence. It seems that authentication and authorization are done by this external server(s). Therefore, there is no reason to show the authentication and authorization rules on ISE. You will find the configuration of the external server under Administration > Network Resources > External RADIUS Server and Administration > Network Resources > RADIUS Server Sequence.

Your second screenshot shows a policy set where authentication and authorization are done on ISE.

Best regards

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In all the tutorials the view should look like this:

-FYSA the GUI layout between 2.x and 3.x has a complete face lift.  From a layout perspective what you see in your second screenshot  will not be what you see in 3.x version so that is normal.  What patch level are you running?

Just applied the latest patch a couple days ago. Current version is 3.1.0.010.

Do you know of any tutorials showing how to work with the policy sets in 3.0? Seems like everything I can find is based on 2.X.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The overall workflow is pretty much the same from policy creation and components perspective.  Try taking a look on YouTube there for 3.0 videos.  Here are some guides that may assist too: Cisco ISE & NAC Resources - Cisco Community

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @JPara1445 

You are not comparing the same. Your first screenshot shows a policy set which points to an external RADIUS server sequence called DuoRADIUSSequence. It seems that authentication and authorization are done by this external server(s). Therefore, there is no reason to show the authentication and authorization rules on ISE. You will find the configuration of the external server under Administration > Network Resources > External RADIUS Server and Administration > Network Resources > RADIUS Server Sequence.

Your second screenshot shows a policy set where authentication and authorization are done on ISE.

Best regards

Martin