Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to export CSR due to ISE not reachable

shaun barrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have set ISE 2.1 up in a virtual lab environment and when I create a CSR I get an error syaing that ISE is not reachable?

I am also unable to delete the CSR certificates with an error message very similar stating that ISE is not reachable.

I have also noticed that if I try and view any certificates ISE just gets stuck on the loading page and does not display anything.

DNS looks fine and the Certificate Authority Service is running.  I have rebooted with no joy.

Has any body got any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Shaun

4 Replies 4

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Have you tried different browsers?  Do you have both forward and reverse DNS lookups in place? I know you said you had forward lookups there, but are reverse lookups there as well.  Do you have VM resources reserved or since this is a lab you don't have reservations in place?  Do you have latest patches applied?

None of these should really matter because this is a pretty basic function you are trying to do, but I am throwing out things to check.

Thanks Paul.  The only thing I am missing is the latest patch which I am unable to download at the minute, as soon as I get it on I will let you know how I get on.

One thing I did forget to mention in my original post was that this did work briefly but unable to say what changed that would have caused this issue to start?

Thanks,

Shaun

For anyone else that has this issue in the future I ended up spinning up another VM of ISE as the one I was having issue's with also started to have problems loading up the GUI etc.  Almost seemed like the VM had got corrupted. After a fresh install I have had no further problems.

Thanks,

Shaun

Usually when it looks like the VM got corrupted it is because the VM team is doing snapshots on the ISE VMs which you absolutely cannot do.