Views
Helpful
Replies

Generating licenses for ISE

engineer467
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I generated licenses for plus and apex from cisco, by entering the primary node ISE's UDI, didn't enter the secondary node UDI, thought it will generate automatically. But looks like I made a mistake here.

So is there a way I can regenerate the license, for both primary and secondary nodes, using the same PAK?

Please advise on what can be done now to correct it.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You likely need to open a TAC case with the Licensing team and provide the PAK as well as the UDI info from both the Primary and Secondary PAN nodes. They should be able to cut new licenses for you.

View solution in original post

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

If you have access to the licensing portal you might also be able to re-home the license yourself. But licensing@cisco.com always works.

Alternatively, are you able to use Smart Licensing? If the version of ISE allows it, and the nodes can get access to internet (securely of course) then this is the option I use for all my customers. It's gaining a lot of momentum because more and more products are using Smart Licensing. It's quite neat.

The email alias "licensing@cisco.com" was scheduled to be decommissioned on June 1st 2020.

So the options are now limited to opening a case the old fashioned way, self service from the licensing portal, or migrating to smart. 

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You likely need to open a TAC case with the Licensing team and provide the PAK as well as the UDI info from both the Primary and Secondary PAN nodes. They should be able to cut new licenses for you.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

If you have access to the licensing portal you might also be able to re-home the license yourself. But licensing@cisco.com always works.

Alternatively, are you able to use Smart Licensing? If the version of ISE allows it, and the nodes can get access to internet (securely of course) then this is the option I use for all my customers. It's gaining a lot of momentum because more and more products are using Smart Licensing. It's quite neat.

The email alias "licensing@cisco.com" was scheduled to be decommissioned on June 1st 2020.

So the options are now limited to opening a case the old fashioned way, self service from the licensing portal, or migrating to smart. 

Thanks for correcting me @Damien Miller - I will purge that address from my memory ;-)

The automated "bot" in the Licensing Portal is pretty neat actually - one click and it raises a TAC case for you-  I used it just now and the engineer jumped on 5 minutes later. Better than email :)