cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest credentials not being sent from sponsor email

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

I have single click guest approval configured and working. However, when the sponsor approves the guest Cisco ISE emails the guests their credentials with the sender address set to the guest email address? In other words, it looks like the guest emailed themselves (sender and destination email address set to guest email address).

I thought ISE would set the email sender to the sponsors email address (the one that approved them)? Is this statement right or wrong? If it is right, something weird is going on in my setup and I'm curious to know if anyone else has seen (and fixed) this before.

My plan B is to open a TAC case, but wanted a sanity check first.

Thanks

DJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is being filed by TAC as a software bug, I'm really surprised no-one noticed this during testing of the feature within Cisco....

My workaround is to source all emails from ISE using donotreply@mycompany.com instead of trying to use the sponsors email address.

Hopefully this may help someone else out....

DJ

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a bug to me, the from email should be taken from the portal setting that says either from the sponsor email or a static entry

I agree, that is what it should do. I have created a TAC case to investigate this.

Thanks

DJ

This is being filed by TAC as a software bug, I'm really surprised no-one noticed this during testing of the feature within Cisco....

My workaround is to source all emails from ISE using donotreply@mycompany.com instead of trying to use the sponsors email address.

Hopefully this may help someone else out....

DJ

Thanks please share the defect when you have it

Bug id: CSCvf09594

hi Jason

Bug CSCvf09594 is filled, and the status is "Fixed" (even with no version indicated as fixed version ... and bug is not found in release note ...)

I am using ISE 2.2 with patch6 and it is NOT fixed : still recieving guest validation emails (after sponsor has validated guest request) from the "guest" email to guest email ...

so many antispam are dropping the email ...

tcpdump of ISE (customer info removed) :

220 mailserver.abc.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Fri, 2 Mar 2018 11:08:13 +0100

EHLO ise01

250-mailserver.abc.com Hello [172.30.xxx.26]

250-SIZE 26214400

250-PIPELINING

250-DSN

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

250-8BITMIME

250-BINARYMIME

250 CHUNKING

MAIL FROM:<guest@email>

250 2.1.0 Sender OK

RCPT TO:<guest@email>

250 2.1.5 Recipient OK

DATA

354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>

To:  <guest@email>

Message-ID: <256618876.71519985293549.JavaMail.iseadminportal@ise01>

Subject: Your Guest Account Credentials

MIME-Version: 1.0

regards,

Guillaume

I see this fixed in 2.3 but not a 2.2 patch, I would recommend contacting the tac to see if they can get you a hot patch

Thanks Jason

Response from TAC is also that is is fixed in ise 2.3 (but it is written like that on bug toolkit, and it is not mentionned in release note of ise 2.3)

I am still waiting to know if a fix exists in ise 2.2 (and hope to get a reply)

Will let you know

rgds,

guillaume

Try asking for a hot patch

Thanks dazza_johnson!!!

5 years later in 3.2 we resolve the sponsor's email problem!!!!

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

Haha, this is a blast from the past. I guess we got there in the end

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: