cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Portal Scenarios

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would like to figure out if either of these scenarios are configurable using the ISE Guest Portal:

Scenario1: Have users that fail dot1x fallback to mab, get redirected to a guest portal that is basically a splash screen that tells the user to contact the help desk if they require network access.  Is there a way to call this error string in a condition in ISE:

ui_portal_disabled_error?  For example, I know I can call network access:SessionLimitExceeded EQUALS True which if matched would throw the session exceeded error to the guest.

Scenario2: Is there a way to strip the guest portal of all fields and buttons, and only display an AUP and text field stating to contact the help desk?

My ideal use case would be this:

Have a default mab policy that redirects user to either scenario above.  Configure another portal that will allow users to authenticate using an account created from the sponsor portal that would then dump the user in the requested VN from a ticket they submitted.  Then separate the use cases via different authz conditions/profiles.

Any help/thoughts are appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scenario1: Have users that fail dot1x fallback to mab, get redirected to a guest portal that is basically a splash screen that tells the user to contact the help desk if they require network access.  Is there a way to call this error string in a condition in ISE:

ui_portal_disabled_error?  For example, I know I can call network access:SessionLimitExceeded EQUALS True which if matched would throw the session exceeded error to the guest.

JAK> you can make a custom portal file in ISE 2.2 and higher

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_010000.html#id_34829

or

Hotspot as a message portal on the follow page

http://cs.co/ise-guest

Suggest if still questions open a separate thread for each

Scenario2: Is there a way to strip the guest portal of all fields and buttons, and only display an AUP and text field stating to contact the help desk? see above

Have a default mab policy that redirects user to either scenario above.  Configure another portal that will allow users to authenticate using an account created from the sponsor portal that would then dump the user in the requested VN from a ticket they submitted.  Then separate the use cases via different authz conditions/profiles.

JAK how are you going to separate them in authorization? are you going to have a separate SSID? Or register their MAC address and redirect after that?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

JAK> you can make a custom portal file in ISE 2.2 and higher

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_010000.html#id_34829

or

Hotspot as a message portal on the follow page

http://cs.co/ise-guest

Suggest if still questions open a separate thread for each

Scenario2: Is there a way to strip the guest portal of all fields and buttons, and only display an AUP and text field stating to contact the help desk? see above

JAK how are you going to separate them in authorization? are you going to have a separate SSID? Or register their MAC address and redirect after that?

Thank you for the helpful response! I am thinking in order to keep them separate register their MACs and then redirect. I need to handle the default splash page first and then get there. The Cisco ISE Portal Builder is something I was unaware of too so that is helpful. However, I still dont see a way to remove buttons. Thoughts?

The way I see it is I need to either do the default splash page & allow guest access only by submitting tickets, and creating accounts via sponsor portal that dumps user in the respective VN based on types. Or, figure out how to configure a drop down on the self-register portal that will let users select what SDA VN they should be a part of, require approval, then register the endpoint address based on VN selection. Thoughts on this?

ISE portal builder I don’t recommend as you need a simple page.

What are wrong with the options I gave you?

Sorry for confusion I just realized I can use the hotspot portal and Disable the AUP page. Then I can just tweak the text that simply says to contact help desk etc. etc. That definitely works for the default splash page so thank you! Now I just need to figure out the ticket process with sponsored account creation to dump separate users into their respective SDA VN with SGT etc. Thanks again!

If you have the MAC address then you can say if guest endpoint group then redirect to the guest portal

You can look at http://cs.co/ise-guest prescriptive guest guide for example ruleset

You can say if guest flow and guest type then give a specific VN

Per that guest guide however you shouldn’t be doing VLAN changes with guest. After they login you might have to disconnect them and reconnect again.

Or put specific macs into special endpoint groups and forced them into special authz rules.

We might need a call to go over this. Please email me direct jakunst@cisco.com

@JasonKunst

I ended up introducing user PACs into the NAM environment to alleviate the headache of attempting to keep 8021x process failures for no user cert present from defaulting to mab. Now the default mab policy is redirect to the guest portal. On the portal I have username/password logon with some additional text stating to call the help desk, etc. if you require network access. I could not figure out a condition to keep the two mab scenarios separate so I found that this was the best way. I appreciate your help!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: