cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Guest Self Registration Portal - WLC AAA Authentication Server and redirected Portal on different PSN

Hi All

I'm trying to setup Guest Self Registration Portal. I wanted to have the WLC Radius Requests handled by a PSN in the Secure Zone while the Portal redirection goes to another PSN in the DMZ.

As a result ISE throws a “400 Bad Request” to the client.

My Question:

Is it possible having Radius Server and Portal on different PSN or has it to be always on the same ?

Thanks Thomas

WLC AIR-CT5520-K9 SW:8.10.112.0

ISE Version:2.6.0.156 Patch 5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Guest Self Registration Portal - WLC AAA Authentication Server and redirected Portal on different PSN

All RADIUS requests for a given session should be handled by the same PSN. Even with load balancers we recommend "sticky" sessions to prevent confusion especially with multiple steps in a flow such as for Guest (AUP, registration, sponsor approval, etc.).

I think you're ultimately looking for a foreign/anchor wireless controller guest architecture:

image.png

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Guest Self Registration Portal - WLC AAA Authentication Server and redirected Portal on different PSN

All RADIUS requests for a given session should be handled by the same PSN. Even with load balancers we recommend "sticky" sessions to prevent confusion especially with multiple steps in a flow such as for Guest (AUP, registration, sponsor approval, etc.).

I think you're ultimately looking for a foreign/anchor wireless controller guest architecture:

image.png

image.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Thomas

Thank you for your detailed information, this helps a lot.

Regards Thomas