cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help getting user created in ACS

Tony Rivera
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a new employee and have been added to AD. I can login to my workstation and everything OK but I'm not showing up in the ACS DB. I have all the same group and user memberships and rights as my fellow network engineers but for some reason I don't show up. It's been about  a week so everything should have syncen in AD.

4 Replies 4

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Could you grant us more information, in terms of ACS version and what type of authentication this may be.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

It's version 4.2 and it's in getting the user to show up in the ACS DB. I haven't even gotten to the part where I try to login into anything as I'm not showing up in the DB yet.

Hi Tony,

If you are already there on ACS-AD, you will show up as a dynamic user in the ACS DB only when you perform the first successful authentication.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

I have successfully logged in to the wireless network but don't show up in the ACS DB. I tried logging into a switch but authorization failed due to my not being in the ACS DB and not being in the proper group for switch authorization in ACS.