Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hotspot Portal Customization Issue

We are rebuilding our ISE environment and moving from version 2.3 patch 6 to version 2.7 patch 2.  I am at the phase where I am now configuring the guest hotspot portal.  I am using the portal customization page rather than the ISE Portal Builder due to the portal page showing up blank after I import the files to ISE.  All appears to work fine with the exception of adding a background image to the portal.  What I am seeing is that half of the background image is cut off so that the top half is still white while the bottom half shows the background image.  Does anyone have a solution for this or has anyone seen this behavior before?  Regardless of the image I use, I see the same results.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to figure out my issue and solve this problem.  For those who may experience the same or similar issue here was my solution:

I had to view the guest hotspot portal page's HTML source code.  I used Ctrl+F to search the page for my background image file and found that my image was contained within the HTML <style> section.  I noticed that background under [data-role="content"] was set to white so I changed it to none.  I also set the .cisco-ise-content background-color to something else other than #fff;.  Once I togged the HTML editor off, my preview refreshed and I was now able to see the full background image rather than the top half of the image being cut off by a white background.

I did go back to view the HTML source code to see if those changes stuck but they were still showing the original data.  However, my background image shows as required when I view the AUP page.

Hopes this helps anyone else experiencing this issue with 2.7.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

I was able to figure out my issue and solve this problem.  For those who may experience the same or similar issue here was my solution:

I had to view the guest hotspot portal page's HTML source code.  I used Ctrl+F to search the page for my background image file and found that my image was contained within the HTML <style> section.  I noticed that background under [data-role="content"] was set to white so I changed it to none.  I also set the .cisco-ise-content background-color to something else other than #fff;.  Once I togged the HTML editor off, my preview refreshed and I was now able to see the full background image rather than the top half of the image being cut off by a white background.

I did go back to view the HTML source code to see if those changes stuck but they were still showing the original data.  However, my background image shows as required when I view the AUP page.

Hopes this helps anyone else experiencing this issue with 2.7.