cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do I add a custom RADIUS device to CSACS?

slug420
Level 1
Level 1

I have done this once before using csutil, but I was just trying to read through the csutil doc again to see how to do this and it says:

"We recommend that you use RDBMS Synchronization to add and configure custom RADIUS vendors"

So I look in the RDBMS doc and all it says is:

"RDBMS Synchronization enables you to configure custom RADIUS vendors and VSAs. In addition to supporting a set of predefined RADIUS vendors and vendor-specific attributes (VSAs), Cisco Secure ACS supports RADIUS vendors and VSAs that you define. Vendors you add must be IETF-compliant; therefore, all VSAs that you add must be sub-attributes of IETF RADIUS attribute number 26."

Then the rest of that doc (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/3.3/user/guide/sad.html#wp756877) is about how to add users and stuff using RDBMS...but there is a link to "RDBMS Synchronization Import Definitions".

That document seems to map out a bunch of fields but i have no idea what I am supposed to do with them or how to get the ****** device created in CSACS.

Can someone walk me through this process step by step??

I have a vendor code, an attritbute #, and an attribute name...how do I do this?

4 Replies 4

slug420
Level 1
Level 1

im still curious as to how we are "supposed" to do this using RDBMS...but I was able to accomplish it as I did the last time using csutil..

Here is the link you are looking for,

RDBMS Synchronization Import Definitions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/A_RDBMS.html

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

i have seen that link. still have no idea what im supposed to do with the information it provides..

You need to make CSV file to upload VSA in ACS. CSV should be in specific format mentioned in the link. Find attached the RDBMS Csv maker along with the steps to upload it.

Hope that helps

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: