cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how  i back up cert Cisco ISE 2.4 of SSL cert ?

Hi 

I would like back up cert cisco ise about SSL cert I already apply SSL cert to cisco ISE add cert root ca to ise and bind cert already but after bind cert , cert it gone ref from message cisco ise.

so i have plan to upgrade to version 2.6 from 2.4 but i know the cert it will loss after upgrade i don't need register ssl again after upgrade .

how  i back up cert of SSL cert ?

thank ypu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can do this via the certificate portal. There is an option to "export" any system certificate from the GUI. When you select the certificate checkbox for the one you want to export, then click the export button. You will be prompted to export either just the public key or both the public and private key. You will want to export both the public and private key, using a secure password that you will remember.

The password is key, you need to know the password to import the certificate.

Here is the admin guide steps for exporting system certs.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_24/b_ise_admin_guide_24_new_chapter_0111.html#ID926

If you are doing an inline upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6, the certificates will remain installed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can do this via the certificate portal. There is an option to "export" any system certificate from the GUI. When you select the certificate checkbox for the one you want to export, then click the export button. You will be prompted to export either just the public key or both the public and private key. You will want to export both the public and private key, using a secure password that you will remember.

The password is key, you need to know the password to import the certificate.

Here is the admin guide steps for exporting system certs.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_24/b_ise_admin_guide_24_new_chapter_0111.html#ID926

If you are doing an inline upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6, the certificates will remain installed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: