cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable/remove unwanted language templates in ISE 1.1.1

Andreas Jaeger
Level 1
Level 1

We're using ISE's Sponsor/Guest Portal function.

We customized the english default lanuage template.

But we do not want to translate/customize all default language templates.

How can I disable/remove the unwanted templates? (The delete button is disabled for them)

Otherwise our users would be able to select templates that are not customized.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can not remove the default language templates.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can not remove the default language templates.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

So if it's not possible to remove them - how can I prevent users from selecting/using them?

In the settings page for the guest portal there is an option to disable "Use browser locale" and force it to the language you want.

I dont see a way to change this for the sponsor portal

Test that and give it a try.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Your suggestion dosen't help me with my primary problem.

Disabling "Use browser locale" only forces the guest portal to use one language per default.

The Sponsor Portal and the My Devices Portal are still using the browser locale template.

Additional it doesn't help me with the issue that users (Sponsors) could select wrong templates within their own account and when sending an Email/SMS to a guest containing credentials.

Although the answer "You can not remove the default language templates" is correct, this is no satisfying solution.

Lots of other ISE users also looking for the same.

An enhancement request has been filed on this:

CSCuc02562   ISE could allow sponsors to specify language templates in sponsor portal

Symptom:

ISE does not provide a mechanism for a sponsor and/or admin to specify which language templates appear under the "Language Template for Email/SMS Notifications" drop-down when creating a guest. This means that all language templates appear in that drop-down, even unnecessary ones. Eg: Chinese templates might not be needed in Germany, and other way round. This makes the drop-down unnecessarily loaded and unpractical to use.

If the list of language templates grows further with custom templates, the drop-down becomes unpractical.

Conditions:

Try to specify useful templates for guests in the sponsor portal

Workaround:

None

As of now, you can statically assign a language template to a portal instead of relying on browser locale. Under the configuration of the portal, in the Customisation tab, you can force the language template to whatever language you need, by unticking "Use browser locale".

Customizing the Sponsor Portal

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/sponsor_guide/ise_sponsor_chp1.html#wp1069407

hope it helps.

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Hi!

Your suggestion

As of now, you can statically assign a language template to a portal instead of relying on browser locale. Under the configuration of the portal, in the Customisation tab, you can force the language template to whatever language you need, by unticking "Use browser locale".
doesn’t help with this.

This setting only affects the language setting for Users accessing the Guest/Sponsorportal-page.

It doesn’t prevent a Sponsor selecting a wrong (not fully customized) Language template when sending a mail to a Customer.

What I need is just to disable or remove templates that I didn’t customize, but this is not allowed for the default templates.

The intention of CSCuc02562 is great, but much more complicated than what I really need.

My primary Question is – Why isn’t it allowed to completely remove/delete/disable these default templates? (i.e. we’ll never need a traditional Chinese Language Template cause they should use English)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: