cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make the Sponsor email and visitor's email MUST be identical in self-registration portal

geeyc5113
Level 1
Level 1

In self-registration portal, there are person to be visited (Sponsor's email) and visitor email column.  However, there is a request in my site where the sponsor does not want to the approved email to be sent directly to the Guest.  The want the email to be sent to Sponsor as well.

What I can think here is to modify the name of visitor email column.  Understood that we can configure to allow only the guest from the particular email domain, thus we can configure it as sponsor email domain.  However, how can we make it that the entry must be identical with the sponsor email? So that guest will not key in email 1 at sponsor email column and key in email 2 at the visitor email column.

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

pan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What if you do following?

Guest-sponsor-visitor.png

Modify the name as required:

Guest-sponsor-visitor-2.png

This is the one approval request email.  What I mean is after approval, the email with user credential, the client want it to be sent to the sponsor as well, not directly to the guest.

There might be a way to make both fields the same. So that the person being visited is the only field seen. But this would result in only sponsor receiving the approval request and also the credentials for the guest

There is no way in product to send to both of them

As Jason said you can't send email to both (Jason feature request... I know talk to product management), but you can send everything to sponsor.  I do that all the time because the guest may not be able to receive emails because they don't have Internet access.

What I have done in the past is this:

1. Change the text for Email address to "Person being visited (email)"
  2. Change the text for Company to "Email".

Then on the registration form customization in the Optional content 2 area I add the following:

<script>
$("[name='selfRegForm']").focusin(function(){
$("input[name='guestUser.fieldValues.ui_person_visited']").closest(".ui-field-contain").hide();
});

$("[name='selfRegForm']").submit(function(){
$("input[name='guestUser.fieldValues.ui_person_visited']").val($("input[name='guestUser.fieldValues.ui_email_address']").val());
});
</script>

The script does two things:

1. Hides the original Person being visited field.
  2. When the user submits their request it copies the guest email field (which is now the sponsor's email address) into the person being visited field.  So both fields are the same.  The Company variable now contains the guest email address.