Views
Helpful
Replies

How to restrict access to guest portal or encrypt guest traffic

Neelesh Marathe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

I am working on ISE opportunity where I am demonstrating guest use case. Customer wants to use PSK with guest CWA. I have read couple of articles and I know it is not supported. I just want to confirm this before communicating this to customer.

Is there any way we can achieve this customer requirement?

Thanks,

Neelesh Marathe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you explain the final goal? Like Hosuk says 8.3 wireless code will support PSK + CWA

If you simply want to stop people from using the Hotspot or Credentialed portals than we have the option of them having to enter a passcode before they can login or create an account

if its encrypting guest then your options are:

WPA-PSK with LWA*

shared key + portal login

CWA not supported

Point to single PSN (HA requires LoadBalancer)

WPA2 with CWA*

shared user/pass + portal login (regular guest accounts)

WPA2 without portal*

sponsored credentials (guest type requires - Allow guest to bypass the Guest portal)

* These options can also be used to protect your SSID from people you don't want using it (example taking up DHCP addresses)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will be available with WLC AireOS 8.3. For now you can do 802.1X + CWA.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you explain the final goal? Like Hosuk says 8.3 wireless code will support PSK + CWA

If you simply want to stop people from using the Hotspot or Credentialed portals than we have the option of them having to enter a passcode before they can login or create an account

if its encrypting guest then your options are:

WPA-PSK with LWA*

shared key + portal login

CWA not supported

Point to single PSN (HA requires LoadBalancer)

WPA2 with CWA*

shared user/pass + portal login (regular guest accounts)

WPA2 without portal*

sponsored credentials (guest type requires - Allow guest to bypass the Guest portal)

* These options can also be used to protect your SSID from people you don't want using it (example taking up DHCP addresses)

Thanks Jason for wonderful explanation. It answers all my questions. Final goal here is encrypting guest traffic.

Thanks,

Neelesh Marathe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: